Important Information for New Members. Please read carefully.
Membership cost is currently $25.00 and is valid until Dec 31 of the current year. Membership cost on or after Oct 1st is $12.50 and is valid until Dec 31st of the current year. If you have any questions, please email the club at email@example.com.
To become a new member of the Club you will need to complete the following steps:
1) have a current membership with Pickleball Canada (PCO) and PickleballBC (PBBC). These memberships can be purchased or renewed on our Pickleball Canada website by clicking here and then following the instructions on the website.
2) apply for membership with the Club by going to our member management software CourtReserve and click on Create Account or Pick a Membership. The link to CourtReserve is: https://app.courtreserve.com/Online/Portal/Index/6576
3) all new members who are rated as novice (2.0 or 2.5) must enroll in pickleball brackets. This software is used to assessment our new members performance to determine when they are eligible to move to more advanced courts. There is no cost to join Pickleball Brackets. Instructions on how to join can be found by clicking on this link Pickleball Brackets
4) As a new member, you were asked to self-assess your pickleball rating on your application. For the playing enjoyment of all our Club members, members of the Rating Committee, Executive Committee and Coordinators will monitor your performance on the courts for several sessions and compare your self-assessment with our assessment to ensure your court performance is similar to other Club members at that skill level. If the Club determines that your performance is not at your self-assessed skill level, the Club at its sole discretion, will change your rating to a rating that better matches your skill level to other members of the Club. If your rating is revised, you will be notified of such change by someone from the Rating Committee.
5) new members who do not have any Pickleball experience must take the Introduction/Orientation sessions or lessons before playing in any regular Club sessions. Please check the availability of these sessions as they are not offered on a regular basis or could be full before joining the Club. If you join the Club and haven't taken the Introduction or lessons, you will be restricted from playing until you do.
a. At this session, the instructors will determine if you require further training or development before joining in regular Club play sessions
b. If it is determined that you require further training you will have the option to:
- Take training by an external provider,
- take training through Club offered training or
- get assistance through Club supported play
c. To join regular Club play you must be approved by the Instructors that you have attained a certain level of skill. This is to ensure that the games are fun and enjoyable to the new members as well as to our existing Club members. Existing Club members are playing for the fun, exercise and a good game of Pickleball but not to coach, teach or instruct and that is why we require a certain skill level for new members.
d. New members who have not qualified for regular Club Play cannot prepay for regular Club play sessions until they are approved. To this end, supportive play will be offered for these players when scheduled. However, the Club will strive to find other playing opportunities and/or training opportunities for these members.
6) For new members that have not attained a certain skill level they will have opportunities to improve their skill through the following means depending on availability.
a. Club Supported Play – from time to time, 1 court during regular club play sessions will be available for novice/beginner players to improve their skills by supported play by an experienced player.
b. Club Training – training will be scheduled from time to time, depending on demand for new members to develop their skills.
c. External Training – there are individuals outside the Club that provide training for those who would like to take advantage of this opportunity.
d. Club Recreation Play for Developing Members – the Club will be offering some recreational play time to new members under a certain skill level to work on improving their game. To take these recreational play sessions you must have taken the Introduction to Pickleball session or have had some previous Pickleball experience. This is not a training or teaching session so you need to know the rules and how to play. This is an opportunity for new members to play other members at a similar skill level.
e. Outdoor and Drop-In Play – new members should use these opportunities for additional play time and improve on their skills
f. Upcoming Orientation/Introduction to Pickleball Course (held at Oliver Woods Community Centre or outdoors, weather permitting) – TBA (Email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org to find next session offerings)